There are several ways you can research information about a Marine Raider. 


The first involves a search through records held by family members. These may include, but are not limited to discharge papers, wound records, travel orders, obituary notices, medal awards certificates, and letters.  Some family member may have these records and not realize their significance. 


The second method would be a search of the military records maintained by the Government Personnel Records Division. Military Records are available upon request by an immediate family member. Write to the address below giving as much information you have such as serial numbers or unit designation.

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Ave,
St Louis, MO 63132-5100

 Ask for Standard Form SF-180.   When you receive the form, fill it out and return it to St. Louis.             You will receive (in up to three months) your relative's military records. 

This information is only available to next of kin. To save time, if you have a computer, you can also access a Standard Form from the Records Center's web site, which can be used to submit requests for information: 
or this one

When you access the web site, follow their instructions to next of kin for requesting information.